Friday, May 17, 2013

Ignorance Is NEVER Bliss

As many of you may know there is A LOT of ignorance when it comes to disabilities! It breaks my heart to see people on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. making fun of people with a disability. That is not okay and instead of picking fun at people whom already have a hard time doing simple day to day thing's, maybe they should go and try to educate themselves a little more instead of being a-holes! I can't stress enough about the "R" word! Yes, I am taking about re**rd. That is highly offensive and I believe its ignorant when people use it and when you correct them, they say- "I'm not referring it to you" or "I didn't mean it in that way". Wether or not someone meant it towards anyone in an ill manner it's still never okay. I have told my family about that word as well because I don't want Jay growing up thinking that word is okay- for example, how would you feel if someone called your disabled family member that for no reason? Wouldn't you get mad? I would. BUT if you use it on a daily your making it okay for other people to use it as well. Why is it okay for you to say it but not anyone else? Its like saying, "oh that's gay" or "your such a fag(got)" that's offensive to people. You sound very uneducated when you say that; its offensive, open up a dictionary and I strongly believe more people should be an advocate to try to get these words out of their vocabulary. There are plenty more alternative words to replace those. So no, ignorance is not bliss, you sound stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment