Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Back At It

Thing's are looking so good so far; Jay's therapist says he is doing so much better than some of the older kids that she takes care of. At the moment, Jay is learning how to sit. He has begun rolling around, turning himself, pushing himself forward while in the crawling position, and he has begun to acknowledge his body (playing and viewing his hands, as well as his feet). I'm very proud of the progress my little bean has made, it has made me so happy to see him progress at such a rapid rate. As well, Jay has become more alert more aware; seeing more than just faces but paying attention to colors and shapes. Olga (his therapist), has begun him on puree foods such as green beans, carrots, squash, etc.. even though his pediatrician said to wait, Olga said his motor muscles were ready to intake food as well as snacks (melting puffs). One thing that was a bit scary is he doesn't respond to his name, he will respond to loud noises but not the sound of his name. Olga, said he might have fluid in his ears since he gets sick a lot; although, this scares me very much because at the end of the day who knows how bad or mild it might be and what are the procedures they might have to take. It scares me because as a mom its hard to see your son have to deal with that- especially with him being so young and so small as well. I love him to death and even though this is a bump in the road his successes outshine it all. I know that Jay will get through it and will accomplish so much. I know GOD is on our side and I know he will pull us through. Other than that, his progress has been phenomenal.

No comments:

Post a Comment